Tilley AIRFLO® Hat
Item # TY001
Multiple sizes or adjustable
Tilley AIRFLO® Hats
Tilley hats have set the standard for quality for 25 years; this could literally be the last hat you ever need to buy. The lighterweight AIRFLO® hat that we carry is the one Ann has used for years. It’s constructed from Supplex nylon with ¾” mesh in the crown for ventilation, and has a wide down-sloping brim that provides ample protection from sun and rain. Other features include:
- An Ultraviolet Protection Factor of 50+ -- the highest available rating, meaning the fabric blocks 98% of UV rays.
- A lifetime guarantee – Tilley will replace the hat for free if it ever wears out, falls apart, shrinks or mildews.
- Insurance against loss or grievous damage the first two years you own the hat – If it’s lost or stolen or run over by the lawn mower, Tilley will replace it for half-price.
- A wind cord to keep the hat on your head in high winds.
- Rain-repellant fabric.
- An “anti-sweat band” that wicks perspiration away from your forehead.
In addition – yep, there’s more! -- this hat is crushable and packable and machine washable. It has a Velcro-sealed pocket in the crown in case you want to store cash or anything else light but valuable. The dark underbrim on some hats protects against glare. And the hat comes with a 4-page owner’s manual to make sure you know how to make the most of all of the hat’s features.
See Tilley Eco-AIRFLO® Hat for an organic cotton alternative
Finding your Tilley Hat Size
Tilley hats come in 11 sizes. To use the sizing chart to its optimum advantage – and achieve the best-looking and most comfortable fit – make sure the bottom of the tape measure you use to measure your head touches your eyebrows while resting straight around your head. Hold it there comfortably and do not pull tight! Tilley hats can’t be stretched to a larger size, and are intended to be worn low on your head and slightly loose. Your hat should be held on by gravity, not by painful pressure on your forehead. For the proper fit, you should be able to easily insert two fingers, flat, between the middle of your forehead and the front of the hat. The hat should be loose enough that you can rotate it to the left and right, and lift it up and down, without friction on your forehead. When it’s windy, Tilley says, use the cord!
If you already know your regular (not a Tilley) hat size, please ask for one size larger when you order your Tilley. For instance, if you're sure you're a 7 1/4, order a 7 3/8.