About our store
Green Heron Tools is the first company dedicated to providing farming and gardening tools and equipment that work well for women – that fit women’s bodies, build on women’s strengths, and are compatible with the types of farming, gardening and outdoor work that women do. We take a scientific approach to designing tools – HERS™, our HERgonomic® Shovel-spade hybrid developed with support from the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is the first in our own line of tools – and to choosing products from other manufacturers.
- Every product we carry has been recommended, tested and evaluated by women farmers, landscapers, gardeners or viticulturists.
- Every product we carry is high-quality,meaning it is effective for the defined task, durable, reliable and safe
- Whenever possible, we carry tools that are ergonomic – that is, scientifically designed to be comfortable & safe, and to minimize strain, discomfort and the risk of injury.
- With only one exception, we use every tool we carry on our own small farm. The exception? The DeltaHook tractor rapid hitch, because we don’t have a tractor.
We know it’s easy to claim that tools are for women or that tools are ergonomic. We believe you deserve better than that. So, we’ve introduced a system of symbols that will let you know exactly why we carry each tool, piece of equipment or type of apparel on our site:
|Multiple sizes or adjustable|
|Handle fits most women's hands &/or incorporates ergonomic features|
|Ergonomic - Scientifically designed to increase comfort & ease of use, reduce injury or pain|
Superior function - a universally great tool
On the product description tab for each item, you’ll find the symbols that apply to that product. Mouseover the symbol to reveal the feature description.
Our own tool, HERS™, is the only product so far that carries all five symbols. That’s because it’s the first agricultural tool in the world scientifically designed explicitly for women – the first tool that is hergonomic®, or ergonomic, for women, thanks to 2+ years of research & development and a grant from USDA. We’re working on others, so check back often. Or, “like” us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to get updates on new products we either develop ourselves or introduce from other manufacturers.
Two final notes:
- We’d love to hear from you about your experiences with the products you buy from us. If a product doesn’t perform well, we’ll try to make it better or find an alternative. And if you have a product to suggest, please let us know. You can send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at our customer service number, 610 844-5232.
- Many of our products work great for men, too, and we’ve had a number of male customers. But our focus is and will always remain women, because the years of women having to “make do” with tools and equipment made for men should be, and thankfully are, OVER! We’re thrilled to be one of the reasons that statement can now be made.