Green Heron Tools' Criteria
- The tools and equipment we are selling meet the following criteria:
- Fit women’s bodies
- Determined by women to work well
- High quality (based on tester experiences, “feel” of product,
reputation of company etc.)
- Quality = effective for the defined task; durable; reliable; safe
- Whenever possible, ergonomic – that is, designed to minimize strain, discomfort etc.
- Many of the tools we’re selling were recommended to us by other women farmers, landscapers, gardeners etc.
- In some cases, we researched solutions to specific problems
- For example, the DeltaHook rapid hitch is one answer to difficulties with the traditional 3-point hitch
- All tools/equipment sold have been tested and evaluated by women, often including us
- We depend on you to share your experiences with us
- If customers have problems with a product, we’ll talk to the manufacturer about making it better or stop selling it and find a replacement
Click here to view or download a PowerPoint presentation with more detailed information about the need for tools & equipment for women; the connections among tools, equipment, safety & health; and our SBIR grant.